Sustainable Household Scheme
The Scheme offers 0% interest loans of between $2,000 to $15,000 to eligible ACT households. Get started today by requesting quotes from eligible vendors.
- You must be financially capable to repay the loan. A credit check will be undertaken to assess an your financial suitability.
- You must own the property within ACT.
- The Unimproved Value (UV) of your property in 2020-21 must be at or below $750,000 for houses and at or below $200,000 for units.
- If you're purchasing for a new build, only Category A products may be purchased through this scheme.
- For purchases of products in Category B, you must be upgrading gas or inefficient electric appliances (in the case of heating and cooling and hot water systems) or a gas stove top and/or oven unit.
Find out if you're eligible — if you're not eligible for the Scheme then you may still be eligible for other ACT Government programs or able to apply through Brighte outside of the ACT Sustainable Household Scheme.
How to get started
Step 1: Find a supplierUse the Brighte Marketplace to review a personalised list of local vendors that can help you install your desired product.
Step 2: Get a quoteYou can request quotes from multiple suppliers. So don't be afraid to shop around.
Step 3: Apply for financeOnce you’ve found your preferred supplier, your next step is to apply for the Sustainable Household Scheme's 0% interest loan.
That’s it! Once approved for finance, your chosen vendor will take care of the installation process for you.Get started
Who is Brighte?
Brighte’s purpose is to power a brighter future, today.
We’re on a mission to make every home sustainable starting with 1 million Brighte powered homes.
We passionately believe that sustainable homes can be both affordable and comfortable, without compromise. That people deserve to love the homes they live in now and not have to wait until tomorrow.
Click around our website to learn more about Brighte.
What type of products can I purchase through the Scheme?
From solar and battery storage to electric heating & cooling systems; the ACT Sustainable Household Scheme gives you a range of options to make your home more sustainable.
Energy generation, storage and EV charging (Category A)
- Household rooftop solar PV systems
- Household battery storage systems
- Electric Vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure
Replacement of gas or inefficient electric appliances (Category B)
- Electric heating & cooling systems – reverse cycle
- Hot Water Heat Pumps (HWHP)
- Efficient electric stove tops
Electric vehicles (Category C) - Coming Soon!
- New and used (grey imports and private sale)
The ACT Government have put together eligibility guidelines which covers the ins and outs of the Scheme.
Am I eligible for the scheme?
Eligibility requirements are unique to each category. But to help you navigate the ins and outs of the scheme, the ACT government have put together guidelines which covers the eligibility requirements for each category.
You will also need to register for and participate in an online Actsmart workshop before applying for a loan. Details on upcoming workshops and how to register can be found at www.actsmart.act.gov.au/news-events.
How do I find the Unimproved Value (UV) of my property?
You can find the Unimproved Value (UV) of your property by visiting Access Canberra and entering in the address for which you intend to install on.
What do I need to apply for the Loan?
Finance is our bread and butter. We’ve made it easy for you to apply online (or over the phone). To apply, you’ll need to provide:
- Employment details
- Identification details (drivers license, passport or a state issued ID card)
- Income and expenses
- Two most recent payslips
What are the fees for the loan product?
As part of this Scheme Brighte has developed an exclusive product that is only accessible for ACT Sustainable Household Scheme participants.
Below is the fee structure:
- 0% Interest Loan
- $0 establishment fee
- $0 weekly account keeping fee
- $0 introducer fee
- $4.99 late payment fee (if applicable)
- Fortnightly repayments
- 2-10 year loan terms with fortnightly repayments.