Eligibility guidelines for Category D
- Is either a standalone residence or a unit titled property. Each individual unit titled property within a unit plan is defined as a distinct eligible property.
- Is a property geographically located within the ACT (including Hall, Tharwa, and Oaks Estate but not Jervis Bay Territory).
- The Unimproved Value (UV) of the property must be at or below $750,000 for houses, or $300,000 for apartments, based on values from 2022.
- The $15,000 can also be spread across more than one property, as long as each property meets the unimproved value thresholds.
- You can use a loan under the Scheme to install, upgrade or replace old ceiling insulation with new ceiling insulation. The final product R-value must be R5 or higher. New builds are not eligible.
Find out if you're eligible — if you're not eligible for the Scheme then you may still be eligible for other ACT Government programs or able to apply through Brighte outside of the ACT Sustainable Household Scheme.