Financial Difficulty

Experiencing Financial difficulty? 

At Brighte we understand that there are unexpected life events or unforeseen changes that can happen, making it difficult to meet your repayments. 

Brighte is committed in helping our customers that may be experiencing financial difficulty. Our hardship team will try to find you a suitable solution to manage your repayments whilst you get back on your feet. 

How do I apply for hardship assistance? 

You can call Brighte on 1300-274-448 (BRIGHTE) or email us at We will be asking you questions about your situation, to make sure we provide you with the right assistance. All requests for assistance will be treated in the strictest confidence as we work together to find a solution.

We are also a member of an external dispute resolution scheme and in the unlikely event that we cannot resolve your request for hardship assistance, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA is a new external dispute resolution scheme that replaces the Credit & Investments Ombudsman (CIO). AFCA will provide fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to use:

Phone: 1800 931 678 (free call)
Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001

If you need assistance in how to manage your finances, below are some helpful tools and resources on responsible spending and managing debt.

National Debt Helpline

ASIC track my spend

ASIC – buy now, pay later services

ASIC – Interest-free deal calculator