Victorian permitted worker scheme
We urge all our Victorian partners to remain highly vigilant in their response to COVID-19 and continue to take government advice on appropriate work practices to ensure the safety of your team and customers.
From 11:59pm Wednesday 5 August, workplaces in Melbourne must be closed unless:
- the workplace is part of a permitted activity, or
- all employees are working from home
Employers that require their staff to attend a work site must issue a worker permit to their employees.
Employers can issue a worker permit to their employee if:
- the organisation is on the list of permitted activities
- the employee is working in an approved category for on-site work, and
- the employee cannot work from home
How to issue a worker permit
Each employee required to be on-site must receive an individual worker permit with the required details.
- Download the Permitted Worker Scheme Template and complete it.
- Employers must use this template for all worker permits issued under this scheme
- Sign the worker permit. You can print and sign or sign it electronically.
- Businesses must get an authorised person to sign the worker permit. This person might be the CEO, a HR manager, an operations manager or anyone else that is suitable
- They must be accountable for the details they provide
- They may be contacted by Victoria Police or other enforcement agencies to confirm the details
- Ask the employee to sign the worker permit. They can print and sign or sign electronically.
- You can email or text the worker permit to your employee
- An employee may travel to work without a worker permit once to get their first permit
You do not need to send the worker permit to any Victorian Government department/agency.
If you are eligible to issue worker permits for your team, please visit: https://www.justice.vic.gov.au/permitted-worker-scheme for more information.
For the latest guidance please visit: https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
As always, if your customers need financial assistance, please direct them to contact us on 1300-BRIGHTE or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information provided in this article is general in nature only without consideration of your particular financial circumstances or needs.