Eligibility criteria for individuals
- (a) be a permanent resident of Australia;
- (b) be 18 years of age or over;
- (c) have a credit profile acceptable to the loan provider and clear credit file;
- (d) have a bank account or credit card in applicant’s name;
- (e) have a demonstrated capacity to repay;
- (f) have a demonstrated income verification; and
- (g) provide suitable identification.
A household can access the loan across multiple products up to the cap of $10,000. For example, you can choose to use $5,000 for solar, and the remainder for a hot water heat pump.
Approved products must be installed in a residential property which:
- (a) is geographically located within Tasmania;
- (b) is either a standalone residence or a unit titled property. In the case of a unit titled property, the applicant must have all necessary approvals to install the approved product, which may include approvals from the owners’ corporation; and
- (c) is owned or leased by the applicant (regardless of whether it is subject to a mortgage).
Supply and installation agreement
The Energy Saver Loan Scheme is only accessible via accredited vendors found on the Brighte marketplace. The funds provided through the Scheme are paid directly to your vendor by Brighte. You will then make repayments to Brighte in line with the terms of the loan.