Eligibility criteria for businesses
Electricity consumption and property criteria
- You must have an electricity consumption lower than 150MWh per year.
- Small business, commercial, or community organisation properties (eg, a property that is used for the predominant purpose of a small business)
- (a) Have a valid Australian Business Number Represented by the Chief Executive or another representative appointed by the organisation's board
- (b) Have an incorporated legal structure
- (c) Minimum 2 years in business
- (d) Be over 18 years old and an Australian resident or citizen
- (e) No bankruptcies for Company or Director
- (f) No liquidation or external administration
- (g) No amounts owed to ATO
- (h) if the applicant is a Community Organisation and the loan provider requests it, financial statements including a profit and loss statement and balance sheet which support its capacity to repay; and
- (i) if the applicant is a small-to-medium enterprise, then a director’s personal guarantee is required in respect of the loan (however, this is not required for an applicant that is a Community Organisation).
Requirements in relation to premises
Approved products must be installed in premises located within Tasmania.
- (a) An authorised officer of the organisation must confirm that:
- (b) all building and development approvals required by law have been obtained in respect of the property in which the Approved Goods are to be installed; and
- (c) if the property in which the Approved Goods are to be installed is:
- a. a unit titled property, all necessary approvals to install the Approved Goods have been obtained from the owners’ corporation; or
- b. leased by the organisation, all necessary approvals to install the Approved Goods have been obtained from the owner of the premises.
Supply and installation agreement
The Energy Saver Loan Scheme is only accessible via accredited vendors found on the Brighte marketplace. The funds provided through the Scheme are paid directly to your vendor by Brighte. You will then make repayments to Brighte in line with the terms of the loan.