What are the advantages of having a solar panel and battery system?
- Energy independence: Installing a solar system and solar battery creates energy independence as you use the energy generated by your system before using energy generated by the main electrical network.
- Grid support: A hybrid power system is still connected to the main electricity grid. This allows the power system to pull the required additional energy into the system once energy has been depleted from your solar panels.
- Reduced energy bills: As you utilise the energy generated from your own solar system and battery first, your energy bill will decrease as you are not purchasing as much energy from the grid.
How do solar panels and solar batteries work?
Solar panels generate energy from the sun, which in turn charges the solar battery. Once the sun goes down, energy generated and stored in the battery can be used to run appliances in the home.
What size solar battery do I need?
The right size solar battery for your household depends on a range of factors including your energy usage, requirements, size of your solar power system and more.
What makes my house a good candidate for a solar and battery system?
Many factors impact the suitability of a home for solar panels and a battery. Firstly, understanding your energy consumption is important in order to make informed choices. For instance, you may be able to reduce your energy bills by changing your habits and updating your appliances to more energy-efficient products.
If you are proceeding with the installation, consider the following:
- What is the orientation of your roof? Depending on which way your roof faces, you may need more or fewer solar panels.
- Do you have large trees or is your roof shaded at a certain time of the day? If your roof is shaded throughout the day, this will impact how well your solar panels operate.
- What time of the day/night are you using the most energy?