We are looking for a Senior Management Accountant to join the Brighte team and are calling for someone who:
- Thrives in a fast-paced contemporary environment
- Has exceptional financial modelling and analytical skills
- Can apply their solid financial accounting knowledge in a commercial context
The primary responsibility of the role is to undertake managerial planning and commercial decision-making support by providing accurate and appropriate financial information, analysis, modelling and related accounting activities. You will:
- Oversee the integrity of financial information including balance sheet, off balance sheet and profit and loss.
- Provide financial modelling support to the leadership and corporate development teams including owning the master financial forecast model for the business, assisting in modelling related tasks for budgeting, equity capital fundraising, debt capital fundraising, and M&A processes.
- Maintain a rolling forecast that accurately predicts customer receivables, debt requirements, revenue, expenses, profitability and cash flow and is updated monthly for actual results.
- Create and administer models that measure and monitor organisational productivity including cost to serve and resource utilisation and efficiency.
- Undertake the administration, reconciliation and reporting for Brighte’s securitisation program and Principal and Agency Agreement.
- Working closely with the Head of Corporate Development, advise on the accounting treatment and disclosures of various on balance sheet and off-balance sheet instruments, including IFRS 9.
- Oversee the account mapping and reconciliation activity between Brighte’s core receivable’s system and the general ledger.
- Provide insights and recommendations to improve the financial performance of Brighte.
- Participate in month-end close activities, including reconciliation of accounts.
- Preparing and analysing monthly Profit & Loss and balance sheets.
- Assist in preparation of monthly board reports and other management reports as required.
- CA or CPA with minimum 7 years post-qualification experience.
- Must have experience in the banking or financial services sector or Big 4 accounting firms.
- Exceptional excel modelling skills with demonstrated experience in balance sheet and cash flow forecasting.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates curiosity and ability to engage across a broad range of internal stakeholders.
- Previous financial accounting experience and/or treasury will be highly regarded.
- Must have full Australian work rights in order to be considered for the role.