We’re looking for an experienced Regulatory Compliance Manager to join our team!
- Work at Brighte – one of the fastest growing Fintech companies
- Join a company that just won the Diversity in Fintech of the Year Award
- Be a part of driving the growth of a well-funded Series B startup
Launched in 2015 Brighte is backed by Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments as well as Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital.
Brighte is Australia’s leading on the spot finance platform for solar, batteries & home improvements. We believe every Australian family deserves access to a sustainable home and in less than 30 months, Brighte has assisted over 18,000 homeowners gain access to more than $160 million of funding.
We’re recognised as one of Australia’s leading fintech companies by the Australian Financial Review, Fintech Business Awards and KPMG & H2 Ventures in their Fintech 100 list.
About the role:
The primary responsibility of the role is the management of regulatory responses within the required time frames and quality.
- Coordinates and influences the organisations engagement with its regulators, ensuring consistency of message and effective outcomes.
- Researching, analysis and tracking external regulatory developments to determine any implications for organisations.
- Working with relevant industry working groups to develop policies or regulations.
- Coordinate and engage with external legal counsel when and if required.
- Support the business through regulatory and industry changes and external market impacts as a compliance subject matter expert.
- Relationship management and proactive engagement
- Takes responsibility for, and prepares, briefing notes, position / discussion papers, and presentations.
- Management of Regulatory Notices and Requests for Information
- Notifications to the business on regulatory changes.
- Foster a strong risk and compliance culture to support Brighte’s Social Licence to Operate.
- Mandatory: Relevant Business Degree (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Economics or Law)
- Demonstrated commitment to risk and compliance and continuous improvement;
- Analytical skills with problem solving, interpretation and attention to detail capabilities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- A focus on continuous process improvement and excellence;
- Able to build strong, open and collaborative working relationships;
- The ability to manage business pressures and client expectations;
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management experience, ideally from within Regulators or financial services.
- Strong experience in developing and implementing regulatory engagement strategies and plans.
- Strong knowledge relevant consumer credit laws and industry codes, including:
- The NCCP Act and Code, Competition and Consumer Law;
- Privacy Act, Credit Reporting Code of Conduct;
- Code for Banking Practice, Corporations Act, ASIC Act, and
- AML/CTF, Sanctions and Anti-bribery and Corruption
- Deep understanding of the regulatory environment and developments related either to the financial services or the payment industry
- 3+ years of relevant experience with an Australian Credit Licence holder
- 3+ experience in a Public Sector (preferably in a regulator space)
If this sounds like you and you are interested in a Brighte future Apply Now at firstname.lastname@example.org