Based in Sydney, we are looking for a self-motivated, hands-on commercial lawyer who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You will work with internal and external stakeholders, manage conflicting priorities with a strong ability to work autonomously and in an ambiguous environment.
This is a newly created role to help support our growing business reporting to our Head of Corporate Development and will provide legal counsel across all facets of our business including corporate strategy sales, people, marketing, finance, product, technology and credit. The role will also manage the provision of external legal service and advice.
In this role you will:
- Assist in the provision of legal advice on a wide range of commercial issues including interpretation of laws, rulings and regulations and provide commercially sound advice to inform business decisions.
- Supporting the negotiation, drafting and implementation of contracts.
- Act as a trusted business partner to internal stakeholders from various teams to provide sound legal and commercial counsel and guidance.
- Manage and resolve major disputes with minimum impact to business either through mediation or litigation.
- Identify, manage and advise on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals, contracts, operations, intellectual property and claims. This includes the review of vendor contracts, commercial agreements incorporated partnership agreements, NDA’s, regulatory & compliance.
- Negotiate major commercial transactions and non-routine transactions.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Assist with development of procedures and operational processes including the development of training to the company on legal topics including rights, obligations and compliance.
- Present facts, orally and in writing to the organisation, courts and agencies on behalf of the organisation.
- Instruct, liaise and manage external legal service providers that support efficient and effective provision of legal services.
- 5-7 Years post qualification experience ideally in consumer lending, personal loan, credit cards, equipment and vendor finance.
- Thorough knowledge of legal obligations and regulations, including legal review and interpretation of relevant legislation frameworks including commercial and contract law.
- Relevant legal skills in interpreting, analysing and drafting legal documents.
- Experience with Consumer Credit laws including NCCPA and NCC, ASIC Act and Regulations and Privacy law.
- Experience dealing with regulators and providing advice at Board Level.
- Understanding of debt funding or securitisation facilities preferred as well as familiarity with start up equity funding cycles.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills with both legal and commercial issues.
- Able to work autonomously and in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong analytical skill and ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with stakeholders.
- Able to manage competing priorities and escalations.
- Part time applicants will also be strongly considered for this role.
- Must have full Australian work rights in order to be considered for the role.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org