Brighte is on a mission to make every home sustainable.
By offering financial solutions to homeowners, we’re making renewable energy and home improvements more accessible to the everyday Aussie.
Between Nov 2016 and Feb 2022, Brighte has facilitated the installation of solar systems for over 80,000 households. These installations could generate 34+ Gigawatt-hours of clean energy - enough to prevent the emission of over 25 million metric tonnes of CO2!
Awarded Outstanding Fintech Leader of the Year (Finnies 2021), our Founder and CEO, Katherine McConnell, is a passionate and humble leader who has a human first approach to business.
We value different perspectives, skills and backgrounds and have been recognised for our strength in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, winning Best Workplace Diversity (Finnies 2021).
Like what you’ve read so far? Read on for info on this role..
Snapshot of Brighte
Location: Sydney, Australia
Team & Reporting: Engineering Manager.
Tech stack: React, React Native, Node, TypeScript, AWS
: Series C, Total funding Amount: $306.5M
, IPO status: Private, Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital as well as Qualgro Partners continue to help us scale our teams and products.
Noteworthy: Female Founder, recognised as one of Australia’s leading fintech companies - ranked 6th fastest growing Technology Business in Australia in the Deloitte Fast 50/500 (2020).
Awards & Recognition: Top 10 StartUp, Finnies 2021– Outstanding Fintech Leader of the year, Katherine McConnel, Finnies 2021 - Best Workplace Diversity, Australian Growth Company Awards 2021 – Women in Leadership Award, Katherine McConnel, Environmental Finance Bond Awards 2021 – Green Bond of the Year.
As a Lead Engineer you will:
- Use your extensive knowledge and experience to provide leadership in the creation of high quality, maintainable software. You will gain an understanding of the long-term objectives for engineering and work to ensure that Brighte has the right tools, people and culture to deliver effectively against these objectives.
- Lead collaborative discussions around technical strategy and architecture to enable effective software delivery in both the short and long term. And enable collaboration and healthy debate around technical decisions and tooling.
- You'll set an example to others around how to effectively visualise, explain and collaborate on complex technical matters. And champion a practical everyday approach to ensuring a healthy level of security within all stages of development.
- Participate in and lead improvements to code review processes, and coach others on their work when necessary. As well as kick-off meetings striving for a shared understanding of scope, priorities and trade-offs.
- Champion a scalable and repeatable approach to testing that delivers a high standard of software released to production.
- Embrace a culture of continuous improvement and ongoing incremental changes to ways of working. And advocate for high quality, easily maintainable software with manageable levels of technical debt and help others to understand why these values enable rapid delivery.
- Build relationships with Product Managers and other business stakeholders to foster a deep understanding of our customers and their needs.
- Help promote and build an engineering culture that attracts the best talent and supports achieving business objectives.
This job is for you if you:
- Highly capable and driven individual with a passion for tech in multiple domains.
- Able to flex your strong communication skills and act as a bridge between teams.
- Have excellent emotional intelligence to help cultivate positive social exchanges and contribute to team performance.
- Collaborative and have a customer centric approach at the forefront of your work.
- A critical thinker with the ability to overcome technical challenges logically and efficiently.
- A visionary who can think strategically about highly technical problems and contribute to team-based solutions.
Year One Key Deliverables & Challenges:
- Empower your team to innovate and encourage experimental mindset.
- Build alignment and trust with your team.
- Establish technical vision for the product.
- Help to recruit new team members as we scale our team even further.
- Understand Brighte's key priorities and business goals.
- Can effectively push back against stakeholders.
At Brighte, we have five key values:
🏐 Call the Ball - We take ownership, think with initiative and challenge the status quo.
💡 Brighter Together - We’re collaborators who treat each other with respect and embrace our differences.
🏆 Deserve the Customer - We’re obsessed with solving customer problems.
🤓 Be Human - We’re authentic and not afraid to be ourselves.
🌱 Think Big, Stay Green - We’re scaling but we haven’t lost our start up hustle.