What you'll do
- Own and drive the vision for distributed energy resource (batteries, electric vehicles etc.) management capabilities within Brighte
- Work together with the Head of Wholesale Markets and Energy Technology and Head of Product define the energy management capabilities Brighte needs to create
- Stay on top of the latest market trends in the energy industry to ensure that the capabilities Brighte is building are taking opportunity of different rules and regulations
- Work closely with the user experience, research, and engineering teams to set clear goals and make priority decisions
- Balance long term thinking with moving quickly in a nascent space that changes quickly
- Utilise your instincts and deep analytical thinking to define, measure, and track key business and customer value metrics
Who you are
- Extensive product management experience (6-10 years), ideally at a fast-growing software company
- You thrive in an uncertain, zero-to-one style environment, and have experience in building experiences from the ground up
- Strongly preferred that you have previous experience in the energy industry, especially in distributed energy resources (i.e. batteries, or EVs)
- Self starter with the ability to influence teams to build better products with a constant dedication to understand, question and improve the experiences for our users.
- Ability to prioritise opportunities, balance the needs of our customers with those of our business, and clearly communicate the rationale behind your decisions
- Ability to translate product objectives into specific growth and engagement metrics and levers
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to move with a sense of urgency, sensitivity to give people space to offer suggestions
- Ability to inspire the team to build better products with a constant dedication to understand, question and improve the experiences for our customers.
- Embodies our Brighte Values: Deserve the Customer, Brighter Together, Be Human, Call the Ball, and Think Big Stay Green
- Flexible working. It's all about balance so feel free to work from home when you need to.
- Generous Parental Leave Policy. We couldn't get where we are today without our families.
- Diversity and Inclusion. Winning Best Workplace Diversity award at the 2020 Finnies.
- Employee Assistance Program. For confidential financial, work, relationship, or wellbeing support.
- Recognition and Reward Brighte Stars program. We drive a culture of recognition and celebration by shining a light on our accomplishments and everyday victories.
- Nutritious food. A well-stocked pantry including free breakfast, daily fresh fruit, espresso coffee, yoghurt, Tim Tams and many more snacks to make work feel a little more like home. We've also got kombucha, beer, and wine on tap.
- End-of-Trip Facilities. Cycle in to work, lock up your wheels, and have a shower in our end of trip facilities with towel service and hair dryers.
- We’re a high performing team and proud to be backed by investors who believe in our mission and the opportunity we have ahead of us. Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital as well as Qualgro Partners continue to help us scale our teams and products. We’re recognised as one of Australia’s leading fintech companies, having been ranked the 6th fastest growing Technology Business in Australia in the Deloitte Fast 50/500 (2020) and winning the inaugural Finder Green Award (2020). We’ve also been recognised as a leading FinTech by the Australian Financial Review, Fintech Business Awards and KPMG.
Don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what people are saying on Glassdoor.
More about Brighte
Acknowledgement of Country
Brighte acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of our land - Australia. We pay our respect to them and their cultures and to the elders past, present and emerging. The Gadigal of the Eora Nation are the traditional custodians of the land on which Brighte’s office stands.