- Be key in ensuring that Brighte customers have access to Hardship program support.
- Be a key voice with regard to ensuring that Brighte Energy’s processes and systems allow for identification of potentially vulnerable customers across the customer life cycle.
- Manage a collection process to collect on Brighte’s behalf.
- Be able to meet business objective while also always meeting customer nee
What you'll do:
- Work with the team to create and manage Brighte Hardship Portfolio and Brighte Credit Collection process including company hardship, and company disconnection register.
- Escalated point of contact for qualified potential Hardship customers and all credit related questions.
- Ensure customers are reviewed and account history appropriately vetted before considering disconnection.
- Participate in Brighte’s Compliance committee.
- Provide content for submissions to regulators and government.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Empathy a key attribute as you will be working with customers facing a wide range of challenges.
- Demonstrates curiosity and ability to engage across a broad range of internal stakeholders.
- Ability to manage a program and understand the impact of the customer proposition at large.
- Ability to provide strategic insight to the wider team on Brighte customer proposition effectiveness through the eyes of the hardship and credit program.
- High attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and to delivering results under pressure.
- Thrives in a high-energy fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Embodies our Brighte values: Deserve the Customer, Brighter Together, Be Human, Call the Ball and Think Big Stay Green.
Don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what people are saying on Glassdoor.
More about Brighte
Acknowledgement of Country
Brighte acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of our land - Australia. We pay our respect to them and their cultures and to the elders past, present and emerging. The Gadigal of the Eora Nation are the traditional custodians of the land on which Brighte’s office stands.