At Brighte, we believe every Australian deserves access to a sustainable and comfortable home. How do we help Australian’s achieve this? We build innovative mobile and web platforms, responsible and seamless financial solutions, and relationships with customers and vendors that last. Our addressable market is massive and rooted in a positive mission that empowers Australian’s and the growing and critically important sustainability market.
We have been recognised for our incredible work in diversity and inclusion and have a leadership team that is passionate about building a high-performing culture where people feel a sense of belonging. If you’re keen to work for a mission-driven company, with smart people who live and breathe Brighte’s values, have a read below.
What you'll do
As a Lead Engineer your responsibility is use your extensive knowledge and experience to provide leadership in the creation of high quality, maintainable software.
You will gain an understanding of the long-term objectives for Engineering and work to ensure that Brighte has the right tools, people and culture to deliver effectively against these objectives.
You will support and mentor individuals to uplift their capabilities.
- Lead collaborative discussions around technical strategy and architecture to enable effective software delivery in both the short and long term.
- Enable collaboration and healthy debate around technical decisions and tooling.
- Set an example to others around how to effectively visualise, explain and collaborate on complex technical matters.
- Champion a practical everyday approach to ensuring a healthy level of security within all stages of development.
- Participate in and lead improvements to code review processes, and coach others on their work when necessary.
- Participate in kick-off meetings striving for a shared understanding of scope, priorities and trade-offs.
- Champion a scalable and repeatable approach to testing that delivers a high standard of software released to production.
- Embrace and champion a culture of continuous improvement and ongoing incremental changes to ways of working.
- Advocate for high quality, easily maintainable software with manageable levels of technical debt and help others to understand why these values enable rapid delivery.
- Build relationships with Product Managers and other business stakeholders to foster a deep understanding of our customers and their needs.
- Work with the CTO and the Head of Engineering to develop and achieve initiatives which contribute to ongoing improvement on Engineering as whole.
- Help promote and build an engineering culture that attracts the best talent and supports achieving business objectives.
We’re a high performing team and proud to be backed by investors who believe in our mission and the opportunity we have ahead of us. Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital as well as Qualgro Partners continue to help us scale our teams and products.
We’re recognised as one of Australia’s leading fintech companies, having been ranked the 6th fastest growing Technology Business in Australia in the Deloitte Fast 50/500 (2020) and winning the inaugural Finder Green Award (2020). We’ve also been recognised as a leading FinTech by the Australian Financial Review, Fintech Business Awards and KPMG.